April 7, 2008

Strangers in Death by J.D. Robb

Although I don't read a lot of romances, I love Nora Roberts. She has a way with characters that really makes you want to read her books. The books she writes under the name J.D. Robb are favorites of mine, too. They're mysteries set in the future, usually with a good love story thrown in as well.

Eve Dallas is a homicide investigation in New York City in the year 2060. When a rich businessman is murdered while having kinky sex, Eve is in charge of solving the case. I won't give away any more of the plot -- I hate spoilers! But it's an interesting mystery, even though I figured it out before Eve did! (The story is a lot like the movie Strangers on a Train and even the title is similar.)

I love the characters in the Robb books, especially Eve and her wealthy husband Roarke. She creates such suspense and you just want to keep reading, even after it's time to go to bed. I don't know how Roberts writes so many books but keeps them all good! I guess that's why she's one of my favorite writers.

No comments: